Scroll or click down to see our Semester 1, 2018 list of U3A Social Get-Togethers
2018 – Semester 1
Term 1: 12 February to 6 April. Term 2: 30 April to 22 June.
Annual General Meeting: Tuesday April 10th commencing 10.30 am
2018 – Semester 2
Term 3: 23 July to 14 September. Term 4: 15 October to 7 December.
Social Calendar – Semester 1 – 2018
Our Newcastle U3A Social Get-Togethers are simply an informal opportunity for non-program fellowship.
OUR FRIDAY COFFEE MORNINGS
An informal, friendly group, for new, current and potential members (or simply the curious) to chat and get to know others. If you have a friend interested in learning more about U3A they are more than welcome to come along. Meet in the venue at 10.30 a.m.
- Feb 9 Source Café, Hannell Street Maryville
- Mar 9 Civic Digest, Wheeler Place, Civic (cnr Hunter Street)
- Apr 6 Ground Up, 87 Young Street, Carrington
- May 11 Recharge, 2 Dick Street, Newcastle West
- Jun 8 The Hood, The Junction
- Jul 13 Chaddies on Regent, 89 Regent Street, New Lambton
If you are considering joining Newcastle U3A and you wish to attend a coffee morning, please phone Elizabeth on 0451272729, between 4 pm and 7 pm, a day or two before the listed date.
OUR LUNCH OF THE MONTH
Coordinators: Eric Aitchison and Leonie Sullivan. All new members and current members, appreciators of good food and conversation, friends and raconteurs, please come to our monthly lunch to meet new friends and discuss old subjects, life and loves. Venues, all hotels, have been chosen by the coordinators on the basis of parking availability and access to public transport and have a reputation of being a good place to dine. Meet in the venue at 12.00 noon. RSVP Eric 4957 2211 Email: email@example.com (please let Eric know of your plans to attend).
- Feb 16 Royal Inn, 61 Station Street, Waratah
- Mar 16 Mary Ellen, 57 Railway St, Merewether
- Apr 10 NEX, 309 King Street Newcastle West – following AGM
- May 18 Mayfield Hotel, 284 Maitland Rd & Hanbury Street – Benny’s
- Jun 15 Wickham Park Hotel, 61 Maitland Rd Islington (cnr Albert St.)